2.2 C
New York

Sean O’Malley shares disappointing UFC White House update

Published:

UFC CEO Dana White predicts that the UFC event at the White House in June will be the most watched event in the promotion’s history. He’s also promised the best fight card UFC matchmakers have ever put together.

With only six or seven bouts expected to be featured on the fight card, many high profile fighters who wanted to be part of the historic event will be left out. Former bantamweight champion Sean O’Malley believes that he’s one of them.

“They said they were starting the White House card last week, Tuesday matchmaking. They said they were starting it. I haven’t got a call. I haven’t got a jingle. Haven’t heard nothing,” O’Malley said on his YouTube channel.

“The ol’ Suga Show might not be on the White House,” he continued. “It’s still so far out like , it’s still far enough out – I don’t know. I’m seeing Jon Jones. I’m seeing GSP (Georges St-Pierre) maybe. Conor [McGregor] versus Nate [Diaz]. But it’s like they’ve got to do something big.”

O’Malley rebounded from back-to-back losses to former titleholder Merab Dvalishvili in his last outing with a unanimous decision win over Song Yadong. He holds a win over champion Petr Yan and has been pushing for a rematch with “No Mercy.” He hoped it would take place at the White House, but that seems unlikely at the moment.

Upfront Tony
Upfront Tony
Senior Editor, CEO, Black Belt

Related articles

spot_img

Recent articles

spot_img
spot_img

Please click here to check out our sponsor Rainbet.com and tell them that Upfront MMA sent you!

If you live in the USA you will need a VPN. The one we prefer is here.

Simply start it up and set your location to New Zealand!