The UFC may be preparing to stack the UFC White House card up with top fighters, but one man who hasn’t gotten a call regarding the June 14th event is “Suga” Sean O’Malley.
But if UFC expects him to appear on the White House card, they haven’t talked to him about it. Which is a bad sign, considering UFC CEO Dana White said the card was effectively ‘built’ as of last week.
“They said they were starting the White House card last week, [during] Tuesday matchmaking,” O’Malley said on his YouTube channel. “They said they were starting it. I haven’t got a call. I haven’t got a jingle. Haven’t heard nothing. The ol’ ‘Suga Show’ might not be on the White House.”
“It’s still so far out like , it’s still far enough out,” he added. “I don’t know.”
As for what “Suga” is hearing through the grapevine?
“I’m seeing Jon Jones. I’m seeing GSP (Georges St-Pierre) maybe. Conor [McGregor] versus Nate [Diaz]. But it’s like, they’ve got to do something big.”
Do they, though? The UFC (with Saudi help) offered Jon Jones $30 million for his last fight. Conor McGregor is in the same range, and he says his current contract is null and void. You’ve never met a happier retiree than Georges St-Pierre. And the UFC could have re-signed Nate Diaz last year if they felt like it, but they didn’t.
On the plus side, that could describe a lot of Sean O’Malley match-ups. If the UFC finds the fighters they picked last week are being a bit too difficult to negotiate with, “Suga” could still get a call. Let us know who would you like to see him fight in a potential White House card.





