Conor Benn says there would have been no benefit of speaking to Eddie Hearn following his decision to join Zuffa Boxing.
Benn dramatically split from career-long promoter, Hearn on Friday after announcing a deal with Dana White’s Zuffa.
The Matchroom Chairman revealed the 29-year-old rejected the opportunity for a phone call with him.
proboxing-fans.com understands that the ‘Destroyer’ will pocket $15m in a one-fight deal.
Benn feels a conversation with his former promoter would not have been beneficial for either party.
“I didn’t choose not to speak to him,” he told Boxing King Media.
“I didn’t want to go into the details with him.
“I think things were very heated with the teams and knowing how I am as an individual, would the call have been beneficial?
“Would the call have been great for us?
“I personally don’t think it would have.
“Once the dust had settled and it had calmed down, I messaged Eddie saying ‘I love you mate’.
“This ain’t the end of the road, the journey does continue.”

Hearn questioned Benn’s loyalty, particularly after he vehemently defended him following two failed drug tests, which cancelled a scheduled showdown with Chris Eubank Jr in October 2022.
Benn, who insists he wants Hearn to remain in his corner, tested positive for the banned substance Clomiphene was later cleared of any wrongdoing and secured two lucrative paydays against Eubank Jr last year.
The Essex man suffered a first professional defeat to Eubank Jr in a thriller in April, before gaining revenge over the Brighton man in November, dropping him twice on route to a unanimous decision victory.
“Me personally [I’m] pretty devastated,” the 46-year-old told IFLTV.
“I blame myself, because I forgot it was boxing.
“I just felt that the loyalty that we’ve shown would never ever put us in this position.
View this post on Instagram
“I just felt that I never really needed to push Conor Benn to sign a new contract previously.
“I made a mistake, because I misjudged the character.”






